A spray-on liner acts like a protective glove for your truck bed. Without it, your bed may rust, chip, split, or fade. That is why it is essential to choose the right spray for your unique vehicle. With a plethora of choices available, you may be wondering how to pick the right one. If so, take a look at our buyer’s guide. We’ve also provided our top 6 picks. Check them out!
Bed Liner Sprays Buyer’s Guide
Bed liner sprays are made from polyurethane. They are used to seal and protect your truck bed from ultraviolet rays, weather, rust, chemicals, scratches, and much more.
Important Things to Consider
There are several factors you should keep in mind while looking at bed liner sprays.
1. How easy is it to use?
Your choice should be user-friendly, especially if you are unfamiliar with this process. Make sure you either have the necessary tools. If not, see that your kit comes with them. Instructions should also be included if this is your first time.
2. Can you adjust the color to match your vehicle?
Several brands allow you to customize the color of your spray-on liner. Most of the time, the color will get darker as you apply more coats.
3. What kind of durability are you looking for?
Most of our top picks are resistant to the elements and other factors. If you don’t use your truck bed often, you may choose to go with a less durable spray. However, heavy haulers need to find the longest lasting option. It needs to protect your bed from scratches, corrosion, rust, flakes, fading, bad weather, chemicals, and solvents.
4. How much do you need?
The amount you purchase depends on the size of your vehicle. Pay close attention to how much product is included. However, some brands allow you to use a little. You may then save the rest for your next application.
5. What is included?
If convenience is important to you, make sure all the tools you need are included in your kit. Many packages include a spray gun, adhesion promoter, primer, and instructions. If they are not included, they may be purchased separately.
Best Truck Bed Liner Sprays
This double component urethane spray is formulated to go on smoothly. It adheres to most manufacturers’ original paint finishes and other primed surfaces. It is resistant to stains and abrasions as well. U-POL dries quickly and prevents rust, corrosion, ultraviolet, and extreme temperature damage. If you live in an area with inclement weather conditions, you may fall in love with this kit.
– The package includes 4 bottles of bed liner spray, plus a bottle of hardener.
– An instruction manual and spray gun applicator are included.
– You may use a roller or brush to change the texture to your liking as it dries.
– You must wait an hour before applying additional coats.
– If you are painting a metal truck bed, you need to use a primer beforehand.
Are you looking to add some shine to your truck bed? You should consider this Herculiner kit. It is high-gloss and skid resistant. The surface shouldn’t chip, flake, or peel anytime soon. This tough and textured polyurethane coating can be applied to metal, plastic, or wood. It helps protect your truck bed for years. If you’re worried about rust, consider trying this product. It features a protective coating that completely seals your bed and prevents corrosion.
– It is 5 times thicker than standard roll-on coatings.
– You will get an even application.
– Herculiner helps protect against damage from gasoline, oil, and other chemicals.
– It must be applied thickly to achieve better results.
– The sealer dries quickly when exposed to oxygen. Make sure to use small amounts at a time. Refill your brush as you go.
This product features a system that is easy to use. Plus, each kit comes with 4 750 milliliter bed liner base sprays. If you need to apply another coat in the future, you should have enough left over for that. Simply add the hardener to the base and shake. Spray on in even coats for extra protection. It dries quickly and evenly.
– It prevents damage from corrosion and stains.
– This spray is waterproof. It protects your truck bed against the harshest elements.
– The flexible coating is a sound dampening material. It helps soften excessive rattling and other noises.
– It is recommended that you purchase an adhesive promoter separately. This will fully seal your bed liner.
– Some customers suggest attaching the spray to an air compressor.
If you are short on time, you may enjoy using this spray. You just add the hardener, shake, and spray! It adheres quickly and smoothly. Speedokote will help protect your truck bed from nasty stains and abrasive materials. It is also rust, corrosion salt, and temperature resistant. If you live somewhere that salts their roads often, this flexible seal may be perfect for you.
– It is waterproof.
– The kit comes with a spray gun.
– This bed liner spray prevents harmful chemicals from damaging your truck bed.
– It is necessary to protect the areas around your truck bed during application.
– Certain users claim that it takes 12 hours to fully cure.
This kit could be fantastic for someone who needs it all. Plus, it comes with your own adhesion promoter. It also includes a small mix paddle to make things easier. This is a 3-part blended polyurethane coating. Ultraviolet light shouldn’t fade this product. It also helps prevent rust, chemical, and solvent damage.
– It can be applied on rocker panels, bed rails, or fender wells.
– The spray is oil and gasoline resistant.
– You can customize your own color.
– It sets quickly. Apply it in small sections to prevent losing product.
– Some users suggest using a roller or brush instead of spraying it on. They claim the mixture can be thicker.
This product features professional quality with heavy-duty toughness. If you do a lot of hauling, give this spray a try. The company has been in business for over 20 years, so you know they are reliable. Plus, their spray protects your truck bed from ultraviolet ray damage. It adheres quickly to help save you time.
– The instructions are easy to follow.
– It comes with 3 gallons.
– The spray gun is included.
– It must be mixed in small batches to prevent the product from clogging the sprayer.
– Some users say the finish is too textured.
As you can tell, it is vital for most pickup owners to use a spray-on bed liner. If you want to protect your bed from cosmetic damage, they are a wonderful investment. However, they can also help prevent rust, chemical, environmental, and corrosive damage. Hopefully, this buyer’s guide helps you find one that fits your needs perfectly. Happy hauling!